Look, I’m not gonna kid you around .
You’re on the hunt for an air fryer, and to make life even more complicated, you actually want the best. Kind of like finding the elucid “creme de la creme” (best of the best).. and this is what this article is all about.
I’ve got my work cut out here, but I think I can confidently tell you the reasons why I’ve found the best air fryer.
What is it you ACTUALLY want (aka “need”) from an air fryer ?
There are dozens of personal individual needs, but some of the ones that have been in need the most are the following:
- Good looking
- Big enough for the whole family
- Compact enough to fit in a small area
- Easy to clean
- Fast at cooking
- Versatile enough to cook a wide range of foods
There are of course other needs, but the above list are what I have personally researched and found to be the MAIN REASONS.
So my next task is to find you a winner worthy enough to be crowned “best air fryer”
To make your life easier and to save some time, I have already worked through MANY of the top rated air fryers that sit on Amazon. These are the ones with 4 stars and above.
You can read about 10 of them further down in this article if you want to.
Now to figure out which one will shine out as the leader.
Let’s take a look at the deciding factors once again:
- Good looking
- Big enough for the whole family
- Compact enough to fit in a small area
- Easy to clean
- Fast at cooking
- Versatile enough to cook a wide range of foods
So which one wins?
96.2 % Pro Breeze 5.5 litre mega capacity air fryer – a clear winner that surpasses most others with a breeze! Get it here on Amazon and enjoy the BEST!
89.5 % Dihl Air fryer – A solid contender that meets all needs. Every part a winner, just not “the biggest”!
85.8% Tefal Actifry – a time served reliable machine, but not everybody’s cup of tea!
So, first selection, the Dihl KA-AFD02-RED Air Fryer
(An affordable budget priced air fryer too)
- Reliability score: 94% – Why? A small handful of complaints (less than 10) due to either breakdowns or customers saying it hasnt cooked proper. This may be due to customers not being used to using an air fryer.
- Appearance score: 99% – Why? It is a genuine thing of beauty. Glossy, sleek and would really look smart in any home whether the Red or Black variant
- Big enough for a whole family?: 85% – At 4 litres it is definitely “big” but there are bigger models out there, and it all depends on how big YOUR family is. This would typically feed a small family well.
- Compact enough to fit in a small area: 75% – It’s never going to be “super slim at 32 x 30 x 32 cm dimensions, but it’s not too bad. It is definitely going to fill up a corner “with ease”. Unfortunately you will find it hard to find an air fryer that fulfills BOTH compactness AND cooks for the whole family. So not one for super small kitchens unfortunately.
- Easy to clean?: 99% – Most parts are dishwasher safe, so cleaning is simple. There are no awkward bits to dissassemble to achieve this. Pull out the tray and pop in dishwasher.
- Fast at cooking?: 90% – speed of cooking is mainly down to the wattage of the air fryer. The more watts the faster it can cook, and hotter it can get
- Versatile enough to cook a wide range of foods?: 90% – honestly most air fryers can cook a wide range of food. The bigger the INTERNAL SPACE the bigger the items that can be cooked in them, so larger air fryers will win more times.
So, second selection for consideration, the Tefal Traditional 1400 Watt Air Fryer
(A mid to high priced long time standing air fryer that has been cooking in overe 10 Million households since 2007)
- Reliability score: 96% – Why? A small percentage of complaints (less than 4% typically) due to either breakdowns or customers having cooking issues. These often refer to the fact there is a rotating paddle inside that displaces home made coated foods making them unsuitable. To get around this, you should simply remove the internal paddle when cooking these kinds of foods, and for everything else, just go with the flow! If you are cooking without the paddle, remember to turn your food to ensure good even cooking, or use a special basket (here on Amazon🙂 that means you can cook all those soft precious foods like coated fish etc. Otherwise they just go mushy.
- Appearance score: 90% – Why? Actifry’s have remained the same sort of shape since inception. If “round” is not your desired shape you will never really ever try an Actifry. It’s a shame really as it is a super air fryer.
- Big enough for a whole family?: 95% – Feed up to a family of 8* depending on which one you go for (choose the 1.7kg to feed large families). Actifry’s are well known for feeding well. There is a 1kg Actifry Black, a 1.2kg Actifry Plus, a 1.7kg Actifry genius plus, a 1.5kg 2 in 1 actifry and a 1.7kg Actifry smart XL that connects via Bluetooth. Choose the Actifry genius Plus, or the Actifry Smart XL for the largest capacity (1.7kg) to feed up to 8 people.
- Compact enough to fit in a small area: 35% – Actifrys are designed for feeding, not “specifically” designed for space saving. The Smart Xl for example sits in at 47 x 32 x 26 cm
- Easy to clean?: 99% – In order of “easiness” this is as good as things get. Non stick coatings and dishwasher safe parts. Or simply wipe with a damp spong and paper towel once finished and cooled down.
- Fast at cooking?: 96% – With some enhancements, the newer actifry’s (i.e. the 1.7kg Actifry genius plus, the 1.5kg 2-in-1 Actifry and the 1.7kg Actifry smart XL) are up to 30% faster at cooking than original actifry air fryers.
- Versatile enough to cook a wide range of foods?: 90% – This thing wins on many occasions, but it will struggle with things such as cake baking, unless you physically remove the internal paddle.
So, third selection for consideration, the Pro Breeze XL 5.5L Air Fryer 1800W with Digital Display, Timer and Fully Adjustable Temperature Control for Healthy Oil Free & Low Fat Cooking
(An EXCEPTIONALLY competitively priced high performing, high capacity air fryer!)
- Reliability score: 99% – Why? So far we haven’t found anyone experiencing any issues with this machine.
- Appearance score: 95% – Why? It’s in line with many other similar slimline (sort of) shaped air fryers, good looking and sits well in any kitchen.
- Big enough for a whole family?: 100% – All I need to say to you is this: “big daddy machine”. A HUGE 5.5 litres capacity, by far the biggest here, feed your family well.
- Compact enough to fit in a small area: 85% – It’s a big badass machine but actually it’s all shoehorned into a compact space saving 31.1cm x 37.1cm x 38.1cm so not all too bad in all honesty.
- Easy to clean?: 99% – A simple wipe down after use, or pop the drawer and tray into the dishwasher.
- Fast at cooking?: 96% – At 1800 watts it’s going to be as quick as most othr leading air fryers.
- Versatile enough to cook a wide range of foods?: 100% – This thing wins on many occasions, but it will struggle with things such as cake baking, unless you physically remove the internal paddle.
Here we have worked through the top 10 best air fryer UK models currently available.
When choosing an air-fryer, you have to consider it’s performance, it’s reliability, and how good it can cook food.
Before the in-depth reviews, here are our favourite top air fryer picks
Ready for the in-depth stuff? let’s dive in with our top 10 best air fryer reviews
1: OUR BEST BUDGET AIR FRYER!
Our Dihl Air Fryer Review – definitely one of the cheapest air fryers to buy right now.
It’s currently available in either Red or Black.
What’s NOT to love about the Dihl air fryer?
- For a start it’s a gorgeous rich red air fryer!
- (It might just be the best chip fryer around (and healthy too!)
- It enjoys a whopping 4 litre cooking capacity – enough for more generous portions or for a bigger family.
- It even has a dishwasher safe tray so cleaning up is a simple as 1,2, 3 !
- Join the Dihl recipes community and share recipes online!
It measures 33cm high, 30cm long and 28cm wide.
Features 1300 Watts of power making it a good performing machine that can stand well among more expensive air fryers.
If you are looking for super low cost, brilliant looking and great capacity then this has to be one of the best budget air fryers currently available.
2: OUR SECOND BEST BUDGET AIR FRYER!
It’s hard to put this as a second favourite budget air fryer because for over a year it was our number one favourite low cost air fryer. However even the best have to step aside sometimes.
We are still madly in love with this air fryer (and we bought one for our home, and we use it day in day out, and it does really well), but the pricing is now not one of the cheapest, and secondly it’s capacity is only 2.2 litres whereas the Dihl is 4 litres.
So it’s our number 2 for cheapest air fryer choices.
Since we first created this article a year ago, we have updated it a few times, and time after time this air fryer has proven itself to be an exceptionally good budget air fryer. Sure it’s not perfect but for the money (under £70 typically) it does a really good job.
How do we know this? We bought this, and tested it (see here) and still use day in day out (it’s a keeper!)
Some manufacturers don’t really have to try and wow you with their sales patter because their products speak for themselves. This is the case with the Duronic AF1 air fryer.
Offering a great first foray into air frying, the AF1 is available in both Black and White.
How big is it?
- 34 x 29 x 31cm
How much can it cook?
- It has a 2.2 litre capacity which is enough for 2 to 3 people however with most air fryers you’re never going to squeeze in meat, veg, potatoes etc for 3 to 4 people. Remember it needs very little oil (If you need to go LARGE then look at the Dihl air fryer, or for super large look for the Vonshef 5 litre).
- With our own personal real testing we found we could make enough chips for 4 children in about 15 to 18 minutes.
What can it cook?
Pretty much most things that can be cooked in a conventional cooker, as well as things that are cooked in a deep fat fryer, but the likes of:
- Chicken Wings
- Lamb Chops
- Sweat corns
- Spring Rolls
- Spring Rolls
- Fried Cod
- Roasted Vegetables
- Roasted Soups
- And even desserts!
The main features of the Duronic AF1 (taken from Amazon)
- The Duronic AF1 uses air circulating technology on your food with little or no oil making food healthier without compromising on the taste.
- Adjustable temperature control ensures food is cooked to the appropriate temperature
- Closed cooking system provides a safe odour and splatter free cooking experience with a cool touch exterior
- Dishwasher safe fry bowl and air fryer basket. Comes in Black and White
- Compact size – easily fits on a kitchen counter and blends in with existing appliances
- A small air fryer in size, but not in features or capacity – be prepared to be blown away!
- As far as air fryer offers goes, there is little need to look out for the best deals when this air fryer really does do a splendid job.
Watch this Video we made cooking frozen chips to get a feel for the Duronic AF1
Pro’s and Con’s of the Duronic AF1 Jet air fryer / multicooker
Our thoughts on the Duronic AF1 air fryer / multicooker
For well under half the price of the premium branded models and with all the same great features you cannot go wrong.
The AF1 has all the style charm and cooking capabilities you’ll need for most things.
The only drawback is it is limited to 200 degrees so certain foods that require much higher temperatures may not be suited. The vast majority of foods are fine however.
We love it’s hyper drive temperature display dial – it just makes you think you’re the captain of your own spaceship setting warp factor 10!
The only real downside we consider (and it’s very minor) is that the basket may release from the tray IF you are carrying it from the unit over to a new counter top, AND you somehow managed to lift up the safety guard and press the basket release.. but it’s extremely unlikely so just take care where your fingers go.
If this is your first time with an air fryer then this is definitely worthy of attention, as is the Salter air fryer (read our own review on the Ek2205 by Salter) and the Berg air fryer mainly for the price points and the larger capacities.
Of course, a good air fryer wouldn’t be a good air fryer unless it had an “auto off” function and a sound timer to let you know when the food is done. This has both, so in pretty much every way you just have to decide if this is the style that would suit your kitchen the best.
3: OUR BEST OVERALL AIR FRYER!
Tefal Air Fryer Review – a rotating air fryer that has been used and trusted by millions.
Did you know? – Over 7 million actifry air fryers have been produced… ! Read about it here..
(Click here if you’d like to see our “full” review for this fryer (opens in a new window)
Available is this, the 1.2kg capacity model, or you can change it to the traditional 1kg model when on the Amazon page for it. The traditional model is also a fair bit cheaper too.
This Tefal Actifry is the latest version of what is arguably the best healthy fryer on the market – although everyone will have their favourite and own opinion, it is hard to beat the Actifry machine. This particular model is the latest and replaces an earlier traditional model.
It’s a 1.2kg capacity electric air fryer. This means it can feed a family of four with ease.
The best Actifry bar none.
Feeds generously, looks superb and works very well.
It’s not “oil free” – although frozen foods do not need any added oil. With this Tefal fryer you simply add a teaspoon of oil and that’s it – fried food without 99% of the fat!
How big is it?
- The tfal actifry measures about 9.5 inches high, 12 inches wide and 16 inches long
Does it smell? Air fryer vs deep fryer
- To be honest it is pretty much virtually odourless. With a teaspoon of oil you are not going to be bombarded with the smell of oil, so throw out any notions of traditional deep fat fryers and embrace the new!
- Traditional deep fryers cook the food in hot oil and the smell is instantly recognizable as “deep fried” whereas a hot air fryer circulates very hot air in a very clever way so that the food cooks evenly from all angles.
Any more recipes for this?
- Yes there are hundreds online with a simple search or you can go to the Tefal website to download some more.
What can you cook with the Tefal Actifry?
- Pretty much anything – as is the case for most air fryers. We are not just talking about fluffy crisp tasty chips cooked with 100 times less oil, we are talking curries, chilli con carne’s, frozen meats, roast meats, vegetables and so much more. Remember it’s also way more healthier than deep fryers!
Here’s the link to those tefal recipes to look at (from an independent website), or direct from Tefal here. Although do remember that some of the best air fryer recipes are usually found on mom and pop websites or places like youtube. You might be interested to know that we are creating a resources for air fryer recipes here on 10 Warriors.
(Psst.. want to know what the best air fryer for chips is? Click here)
If you fall in love with an air fryer you might just find yourself using it more and more and ultimately replacing your other cooking appliances when it comes to meal ideas.
In the box you get of course:
- The Tefal Actifry 1.2kg unit
- x1 Actifry oil spoon – for popping oil in (I’m sure any spoon would do though!)
- 1 Recipe book – so plenty of meal ideas to explore such as Chicken Tikka Masala, a vegetable stir fry and even Mediterranean style calamari recipes.
- 1 Instruction book to help guide you round it and how to use it.
Cooking with the Actifry is a breeze
Pop your food in and add a spoon of your chosen oil then simply close the lid. The Actifry will cook at a constant 170 degrees C approx. All you need to do is set the timer – and the timer can be set up to 99 minutes.
When done, you’ll hear an audible timer to let you know everything is done.
Besides this 4 person version there is also a larger “family version Actifry that will feed up to 6 people (up to 1.5kg of food) – you can see that one here.
Also, if you want to throw in some extra food halfway through (such as vegetables) you can do. Simply open the lid and the Actifry will pause the cooking to allow you access, and then simply resume where it left off right after you close the lid again.
When you’ve finished, cleaning is just as simple – you can pop the removable ceramic coated pan, plus paddle and also lid straight into the dishwasher – so guess what? No hand washing needed.
Images of the Tefal Actifry:
The Tefal Actifry is a tried, trusted and tested clear winner when it comes to healthy airfry cooking. The vast majority of people who own one of these have indicated they are extremely happy with it.
What’s not to love about tasty healthier food with 100 times less oil, no smells and easy to clean?
Our thoughts on the Tefal Actifry 1.2kg cooker
Really and truly these are hard to beat. This air fryer review showcases one of the most successful air fryers to ever hit the market. The Actifry range uses a paddle that slowly moves the food round for even cooking whereas most others have the food in a pull out tray/basket or lift up tray/basket with an area below to catch drips.
Nobody can argue about the benefits of healthier eating. After all if you could eat food that tastes stunning yet is immeasurably better for you – then it really serves up as a no brainer.
Couple in the fact you can cook a mouth watering array of different foods and really there isn’t anything stopping you!
If you need something a bit bigger then splash out a bit more and opt for the 1.5kg model (known as XL) as this will feed up to 6 average people instead of 4.
There is also an Express model to consider.
4: BRILLIANT PHILIPS QUALITY AT A FAIR PRICE!
This Philips digital airfryer (model number HD9621/91) makes cooking easier than ever.
Switch on, food in, half a tablespoon of oil if desired and set the timer.
AIR FRY.. GRILL.. BAKE cook whatever you want.. the options are endless with this VERY versatile machine.
A Philip air fryer like this one represents a trusted and reliable device with a good warranty backup typically of 2 years.
So let’s look at some facts:
- Cook with 80% less oil
- Philips legendary quality for peace of mind.
- Dishwasher safe parts
- NO PREHEATING REQUIRED
- Cook crispy Chicken in as little as 13 minutes!
How big is this?
- 26.6 x 29.2 x 27.6 cm
Pro’s and Con’s
Our thoughts on the Philips HD9261 90 healthier oil free airfryer
Overall we really loved testing this machine. It is a beautiful machine that will happily grace the counter top of many a kitchen up and down the UK.
Grill, bake, roast or fry – it’s your choice what you decide to do with this but the versatility is there at your disposal.
We did have a little hesitation when we first opened the box. Instead of saying 100 times less oil (like the Actifry) they focus on the fact it enables you to cook in a healthier way that gives you 23% fewer calories when compared to a regular deep fat fryer.
Yes, while a reduction is good, still 23% less calories is hardly groundbreaking (is it?). However we were initially looking at it wrong. We believe their marketing might have missed the point or benefits, although I’m sure someone from Philips would be keen to put us right!
At the end of the day it is an air fryer and you can (if you want) pop in a tiny bit of oil. To ease our minds we wanted to know about oil use – namely how much oil is needed. For machines that are supposed to be far healthier than regular deep fat fryers we thought this was important to know. Actifry machines are touted as using “just a small amount of oil” whereas the marketing for this Philips hot air fryer is a little different.
Philips focus on telling you other facts. Facts such as: 23% less calories.
Their marketing suggests “oil free” as with most air fryers, however many recipes still suggest some oil can be added to change the taste to something more akin to what we “enjoy” (seemingly).
Well, we decided to give this machine a go without any oil. In fact some of us gave the food a light spray with frylight and came to the conclusion that the food was still very nice. Kind of crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. A little like oven chips.
So our conclusion of this machine is that for a start it is one of the best looking air fryers around. It cooks wonderfully. The timer let’s you know when cooking time is done and importantly the air fryer stops, meaning that your food won’t be overcooked if you are out out the room. Thumbs up from us!
You can cook as healthy as you want. Removing all the oil is one of the best things you can do for your health however a small touch of oil or spray oil can be added to suit your taste, and you will still be cooking in a far healthier way.
5: A BIG BADASS AIR FRYER
Pro Breeze XL 5.5L Air Fryer 1800W with Digital Display, Timer and Fully Adjustable Temperature Control for Healthy Oil Free & Low Fat Cooking
This is the Pro Breeze Xl air fryer.
A HUGE 5.5 LITRES capacity
A secret silent warrior.
We really really LOVE this air fryer…
Not for the wimps, or those with a nervous disposition, this is just a great big air fryer that is also good looking and cooks really really well. To top it off, the price is also pretty amazing and half that of more well known brnaded machines!
Pro’s and Con’s
6: TOWER ABOVE THE REST WITH THIS AIR FRYER
Our mid priced “air fryer” in this list by a long mile and despite this it still passes many of our tests. We wanted to include this Tower T14004 air fryer because of it’s affordability and the fact that it looks just the part of a “proper” air fryer”.
Let’s explore this.
So, first of all, it’s surprisingly good looking (just as good looking as some of the more well known brands like Philips etc.). It does the job.
Benefits of the Tower T14004 “air fryer”:
- Eliminates the need for oil for delicious sin free meals with up to 80% less fat than a conventional fryer
- A power air fryer that is extremely robust and hard working.
- Uses significantly less energy and cooks three times faster
- Generous 3.2 litre capacity makes it ideal for up to 5 servings – great for large families and household guests
Set and forget with the Tower air fryer. It features a timer that extends up to 30 minutes with a bell sound to let you know when the time has passed.
Pro’s and Con’s
Our thoughts on the Tower T14004 “air fryer”
It’s never going to be a high end Philips or Tefal, BUT for a mid priced air fryer its really good looking and it cooks food nicely as long as you follow the instructions carefully.
7: JET OFF WITH THIS FUNKY JML AIR FRYER
The JML Air Fryer – heard of it?
Next up we have the JML Jet hot air fryer.
Perfect as an oil free air fryer for people on a budget.
Ever heard of JML? Well they are the mastermind of “High Street TV”, and they are behind the hundreds of products you seen advertised on TV and in thousands of stores up and down the UK. They were established in 2008, and are based in Harrogate, Yorkshire. You can check them out here.
The JML Jet hot air fryer has the following features and benefits:
- Hot, rapid air vortex technology; 360 degree rotating inner base for perfect, even cooking
- No oil or fat, just clean, hot air; get deep fried results without the frying
- It’s a dry air fryer with it’s own unique style – and that’s good to know!
- Food is crispy and delicious
- Grill, bake and roast
- Basket and frying rack allows fat to leave your food and be discarded
Approximate measurements 30cm x 38cm x 28cm height
Bowl diameter 22.5cm
Capacity 2 litres
Weight out of box 4kg
Fairly similar footprint to many other hot air fryers – large enough for the needed use, and small enough to fit in a nice place on your counter top.
Let’s take a look at the JML Jet:
Is this the perfect air fryer?
Well, from a cost perspective it’s certainly competitive. The capacity of this device is 2.5 litres, which is fairly standard for an air fryer (the capacities cannot be huge as they need to be kept in a tight space for the air frying to be totally effective).
We do have some minor reservations about the build quality, as in how long the lid will last. Pretty sure with a lot of careful use it will be fine but I wouldn’t like to be too heavy handed.
Watch this video to see the benefits for yourself. It’s from an American infomercial however you can see the benefits in the first 5 minutes.
Pro’s and Con’s of the JML Jet air fryer
Our thoughts on the JML Jet oil free airfryer
For what it is, it’s a good unit. The unit is no longer listed on the manufacturers website, however it is actively sold in the United States. The customer services department do answer you when asking for replacement parts (i.e. lids) so for half the cost of other sleeker designs it’s certainly the unit to gain entry into the air fryer market.
As long as you take care with the JML jet there is no reason why it cannot live happily in your home for a long time – as long as you like Lime Green. The handle colour is not available in any other colours.
8: THE BIG DADDY WITH AN ENORMOUS COOKING CAPACITY!
Grab yourself a full WHOPPING 5 LITRES OF COOKING CAPACITY!
The Vonshef 5 litre air fryer is now LOW COST and fabulous to boot!
What is NOT to love about that? family sized, stylish and great at what it does.
- An 80 to 200 “degrees C” temperature range.
- A 0 to 60 minute timer (perfect for just about everything)
- 2 year warranty
- Superb reviews from existing customers who have bought it already
Using a fryer without oil may seem strange, unconventional and yet a bit liberating at the same time. Suddenly you’re not just soaking everything in deep hot oil, but heating it using hot air that recirculates super efficiently.
Pretty darned good we think.
9: FUTURISTIC LOOKING AND HEALTHY EATING IN ONE
Just before we “dive in”, I wanted to add that this is technically not an air fryer – as in it’s not “frying” the food. Manufacturers are now releasing their Halogen ovens with convection units and infrared capabilities and calling them air fryers when technically they are not. At the end of this top 10 review list I will explain the differences between convection ovens, turbo broilers (which this is), and an air fryer.
This is actually a Turbo broiler. Also known as an oven with infrared aided heat and a convection fan.
So, that said, this machine is one one the funkiest looking units we’ve ever had the chance to review. It looks like a motorcyle helmet or some sort of futuristic spaceship perhaps?
As well as Purple, you can also view it in 3 other colours:
What’s it like?
It is extremely handsome and would look incredibly cool in any kitchen. It also makes delicious healthy food.
Even though it’s no “air fryer” it’s not to be dismissed as a healthy way to cook food, however you do need to be aware the food will not have that fried taste that true air fryers attempt to recreate (through “rapid air circulation”).
These machines are merely heat with a convection fan moving the heat round – however a rotating spit with this model enables for a more even cooking experience compared to other “turbo broilers” like the Tower T14001.
Let’s look at it in pictures
Pro’s and Con’s of the Klarstein Vitair
Our thoughts on the Klarstein Vitair “air fryer”
We ummed and arred for a long time, wondering whether or not to include this unit in this top 10 list of best air fryers as obviously it isn’t one.
Turbo broilers (i.e. Halogen ovens with added infrared) are basically compact Halogen convection ovens with the added benefit of infrared.
The downside is it simply isn’t ever going to fully attempt to recreate that fried food taste – which is kind of the whole reason for this review.
I wanted to include two of these types of machine within this list so that you are aware of the differences between the two types of machine (there is a more thorough explanation towards the end of this top 10 list that explains the distinct differences).
Sure, they are both healthier options and great machines, but a true air fryer will aim for that fried taste through rapid air circulation whereas these take their heat from a Halogen bulb and a fan that assists the flow.
The rotating spit on this model takes it that step further in an attempt to remove the issues with Halogen ovens in that you do need to turn food making this model a very positive one.
10: STYLISH, CHEAP AND A VERY LARGE CAPACITY!
Here is the Salter air fryer, the EK2205.
Let’s see what the benefits and features of this unit are (taken direct from the Salter website). With over 20 years experience, the Salter brand is well established and known.
- A versatile alternative to deep fat frying, the Salter digital airfryer enables you to cook using little or no oil without losing any flavour.
- Featuring 1400 W power, the fryer can heat up to 200° and uses a heat circulation method in order to cook your food incredibly quickly.
- Ideal for home-made chips or wedges as well as meat, spring rolls, stuffed vegetables and quiche, it can cook a huge variety of meals.
- Brilliantly simple to use, it has a 30 minute timer with automatic switch-off, digital touch sensitive controls and an LCD display.
- It contains an easy to clean, removable 4.5 litre non-stick cooking basket which enables you to quickly serve the food after cooking.
- This air fryer cooks just about anything you can imagine. You are only limited by your imagination
How big is it?
35.8 x 31.8 x 31.6 cm
How much power does it have?
1400 watts of power
Why should I have this?
It’s relatively cheaper than the high end Philips dry fryer and T-fal air fryer models, yet it looks every bit as good, AND it comes with the larger more generous capacity. What’s NOT to love about it?
Pro’s and Con’s of the Salter EK2205 Air Fryer
Our thoughts on the Salter EK2205 air fryer
One of our favourites. The price point gives this air fryer a thumbs up, as does the extra large 4.5 litre capacity. It does what it’s supposed to and looks every bit as good as other main branded oil free air fryers so you can enjoy family portions of delicious healthy food (and a wide variety at that!) at a lower cost.
After you’ve used it, it’s literally just the one pan to remove for cleaning which makes perfect sense when it’s your turn to do the dishes, or you can pop it in the dishwasher too, so it’s a win-win all round situation.
Size wise it’s just about right so can be left out all the time, and it’s good looks contribute to it’s likeability.
When 10 just aren’t enough, here are some additional air fryers that we wanted to give an honourable mention to.
11: ANOTHER GREAT VONSHEF AIR FRYER
Enter the Vonshef air fryer 13/351 with a 3.5 litre capacity and 1300 watts of power
So it’s a good looking unit and seems to do all the things you’d want and the price is pretty spectacular as well (half the cost of mainstream branded products). It has an extra divider you can pop in to keep certain foods apart if you want.
Featuring a 60 minute timer and temperature options ranging from 150 to 200 degrees – perfect for most foods. Features non slip feet and a cool touch handle.
‘Forbidden’ foods previously off the menu can make a welcome re-appearance; fries, fried chicken, burgers, steak, spring rolls, sausage rolls, cakes – the list goes on! Thanks to its superb versatility, the VonShef Air Fryer will come in handy for meals throughout the day, whether you’re frying, grilling, baking, roasting or just reheating. (source amazon)
Pro’s and Con’s of the Vonshef 13/262 healthy digital air fryer
Our thoughts on the Vonshef 13 351 air fryer
Overall an excellent machine and does what is intended. We couldn’t find any real genuine issues. Pop in the desired food, set the timer and wait for it to cook. Nothing could be simpler. Like most, it is recommended to shake once or twice throughout the cooking (especially when a lot is in, such as chips).
As an affordable good looking air fryer it is hard to find any faults with this and you won’t go too far wrong if this becomes your next purchase.
Let us know your thoughts below. If you love this please share it, pin it or tweet it. Thanks!