What is it you want from a cement mixer?
- Is price an issue or not?
- Are you more bothered about getting a lot of cement mixed up in one go or are you looking for a mixer with excellent reliability?
- Or do you prefer to stick with a known brand?
- Do you need a petrol driven one or an electrically powered one?
The trouble is everyone has their own set of rules they go by when buying stuff.
When things cost a few pounds, buying something is a lot easier but if you are out to buy something expensive you need to know that what you have got is the perfect fit.
I’m going to break things down as much as I can for you and show you the best cement mixer.
Before I explain why the Switzer is the best overall, I would like to quickly show you 3 cement mixers you might want to take into consideration.
These 3 scored best on price, petrol, and electric.
Why is the Switzer my BEST-rated cement mixer?
I have chosen this cement mixer because it satisfies a fair few criteria. In essence, it is the best all-rounder.
- The Switzer mixer is not the cheapest, nor is it the most expensive. It sits roughly in the middle of the price range (prices change all the time).
- Click here to view it on Amazon Uk.
- 180 litres maximum hold capacity is stated (although with all cement mixers we know that actually, you will never mix a full drum as the drum will be too hard to turn).
- Thankfully the larger size does allow for more to be made, which means getting more work done faster.
- The 650-watt motor will help this cement mixer go day in day out. Note that lower-powered motors have to work harder.
- What ultimately matters is getting a mixer that keeps going, mixes well, has a good wide opening and pours out well. This satisfies all 3 of these factors.
- Looking at customer reviews helps give an indication over the long term how well this performs. There are plenty of people saying how it simply gets on with the job with zero fuss.
- Going right back to 2016 you can read consistently how the mixer works very well, is mentioned as being “excellent” and “works very well” and “being used for many jobs”.
- Positive feedback from existing buyers seems to indicate that the company behind the mixer are working hard to do things right. They are offering quick replacement parts with no fuss whatsoever and answering queries promptly.
The Switzer scores well in almost all areas that I have factored into my findings.
- It is a good solution for both the DIY user and the professional user.
- It should reliably perform for you day in day out.
- You should find it easy to clean (just tilt it upside down and squirt the hosepipe in).
- You can expect to get a positive outcome if you need to make contact with the company behind it.
Are you a tradesman?
The last thing you should ever think about is cutting corners and wind up getting a bad review all because the mixer you used wasn’t up to the job.
A few extra minutes right now reading our top-rated concrete mixer guide can help ensure you keep working week after week …
… and get that all-important “thumbs up” once the job is complete.
When you are undertaking building work and need to mix up a large amount of cement, a cement mixer will come in invaluable.
These machines let you pop in the required amounts of sharp sand, cement and water to create the concrete you need.
They are a great time saver and labour saver too.
If it comes down to a budget then you can find plenty of brand new cement mixers for sale for around the £100 to £120 mark, and the prices increase for higher-end machines such as a Belle cement mixer.
The Belle brand is renowned for being “the cream of the crop”, and rightly so when it comes to having “the best”.
However, you certainly don’t have to spend out £400 – £900+ on a Belle, although it would be a good investment.
Why bother with a cement mixer?
This is probably fairly obvious, but if you’ve ever mixed up more than a few barrowloads of cement by hand on a board then you’ll quickly realize how slow, tiring and cumbersome it is.
As one of the most used construction tools, it serves a very important role to help workflow easily and ensure cement is mixed properly.
It is far easier and more efficient to pop the materials into the mixer and leave it spinning. This lets you get on with the real work in hand.
Which concrete mixer is best?
There isn’t any REAL best mixer. Whichever cement mix you use, just make sure you follow the instructions and try to choose one that meets your budget and workload.
Concrete and cement mixers are the same thing. They can be petrol or electric powered to serve your needs whether close to a power supply or out on a bustling building site. You can buy one and it will pay for itself within next to no time, or you could always use a plant hire company if it’s a one-off small job.
The Belle range of mixers are time served, well made and trusted by thousands of builders, but the downside is that they are more expensive than other brands. You get what you pay for though. Complete this with superb customer service and you’ll be glad you chose Belle.
For the rest of the bunch, consider build quality and how often you’ll be using the mixer. If you are a small business then, of course, get the best you can afford. This list showcases filtered cement mixers that are all GREAT.
We particularly liked the Switzer models.
1: SEMI PROFESSIONAL BELLE CEMENT MIXER
Belle Minimix 140 230v Tip-Up Mixer
A mini cement mixer made to the best standards money can buy
Featuring the renowned Belle brand, superb construction in a semi-professional setup, your own DIY projects will be complemented perfectly by this electric powered Belle mini mix concrete mixer 230V. A very professional small cement mixer for sale to those who demand only the very best.
If you need a full barrow load of mortar or concrete then this cement mixer will handle it perfectly well and help keep you working constantly without having to wait for more mix to be made.
The Belle Minimix 140 230v tip-up small cement mixer features an extra thick mixers drum with quick mix paddles and tough construction. It comes supplied with Barrow height swivel stand however the mixer can be used on or off its stand and is the ideal portable solution for mixing concrete and cement.
Unboxing video of a Belle Minimix (similar model):
How big is it?
121.5 x 60 x 85.2 cm
Pro’s and Con’s:
- A little pricey but you get what you pay for.
- Brilliant portable concrete mixer for home use or out on construction sites
- Premium ultra-reliable quality.
- Belle offers some of the best cement mixers known so you can rest assured that a Belle purchase will leave you with a smile on your face.
2: THE PROGEN CEMENT MIXER BRAND STANDS OUT
Progen 63 litres of perfect DIY’er cement mixing ability
This 63-litre cement mixer is ideal for smaller jobs but is equally effective at larger jobs.
While other cement mixers may boast huge 140-litre capacities, these mixer is good enough for most applications. It’s a tip-up concrete mixer that works as hard as you do.
The progen cement mixer is ideal for concrete, mortar and plaster for most small to medium-sized jobs.
The Progen 63 litre electric mixer features:
- A-rated voltage cement mixer 230 V electric powered
- 50 Hz Motor
- 220 W
- The cement mixers drum mouth diameter: 267 mm
- Drum speed: 27.5 RPM
- Overall size: 110 x 55 x 93.5 cm ( L x W x H)
- FITTED WITH 3 PIN UK PLUG
- Material: Steel
- Weight: 25 kg
- A handy small electric cement mixer
Pro’s and Con’s:
- Perfectly fine for most situations
- Highly rated by us – a great workhorse.
- Not ideal for large scale use where you need a lot of cement mixed up all of the time due to the smaller drum (be sure to check out the bigger brother here with a 120-litre capacity drum).
3: A BLACK COLOURED, TOP RATED CEMENT MIXER
Dirty Pro Tools(TM) Professional Cement Mixer 80 Litre
This is a nice looking machine that works and functions as good as most of the other 9 in this list. However there “MAY” be an annoying let down with customer service, in so much as it might be hard to get a response. However…
When we emailed, we actually got a response in under 10 minutes.
In our research, we found several people who have had shocking customer service and some people have gone so far as to blog about their experiences. You can read that here.
I wanted to be clear and honest.
Nice machine (and that is why it is in this list) BUT you may not get the help you want if you buy from them, although we are left thinking it may have been a temporary blip in their business growth where their customer service was poor, because more recent testimonials have come in showing customer service to be just fine (and highly recommended in some instances).
So that out of the way, let’s explain why we included this:
- Good build quality.
- Spins at 33rpm
- Big enough to make a complete barrow load at a time.
- It’s Black (flying in the face of Orange traditionalists!)
Our verdict is that it is actually a cracking little mixer that is brilliant for the DIY’er.
Pro’s and con’s
- Honestly, the pros of this machine definitely outweigh the cons.
- It really is a great cement mixer and works tirelessly.
- There was at one point a momentary lapse in customer service skills (as far as we can tell) which doesn’t appear to be the case now though.
4: A larger Dirty Pro Tools 125L Cement Mixer
This bigger electric cement mixer is backed up by a 550-watt motor to help it work hard as long as you do.
Upon opening, we were very impressed by this large cement mixer!
Let’s look at its specifications:
- 550-watt motor
- Capacity: 125-litre drum capacity
- Can be disassembled in 1 minute for fast transportation
- Electric with UK mains plug
- Motor speed 2800rpm
- Drum speed 30rpm
What’s it like in use?
It does what you expect, and thanks to the larger drum size you can get more cement mixed at the same time.
We used ours to lay the foundations for a concrete shed base and it worked tirelessly.
Recommended great builders equipment.
Pros and cons:
- Reliable and hard-working.
- Instructions could always be a bit clearer to follow but once it’s done then that’s it.
5: ONE OF OUR FAVOURITE CEMENT MIXERS HERE!
Switzer 180 litre cement mixer
With its huge 180-litre capacity, the Switzer cement mixer boasts an uprated motor and a wide opening, so you can throw in large amounts of cement or plaster etc for mixing. It is one of our most popular products for a reason.
Still, with the same great strong construction and powder coating, it’s tough and reliable and half the price of more well known brand “Belle Cement Mixers” (although Belle cement mixers are some of the very very best).
It is certainly very well made and will easily make light work of many projects.
This is one of the recommended best cement mixers for sale.
Pro’s and con’s
- Cannot fault this at all!
6: TOP CLASS – BEST IN THE RANGE – THE BELLE ELECTRIC CEMENT MIXER
A premium quality electric Cement Mixer
Here is the Belle minimix 150 electric cement mixer (without the stand). Lower in price than the model with stand, yet offers the same superb premium grade quality that can only come with a Belle mixer.
No fluff, no hype, just one of the best workhorses there is on the market.
Powered by a 230v electric motor it is one of the toughest out.
It’s an electric cement mixer with 150-litre capacity (and it’s half the cost of the petrol version)
It measures: 121.1 x 59.7 x 89 cm
If the best is needed without any hesitation then choose a Belle cement mixer and you’ll enjoy incredible and lightning-fast customer service, brilliant high end perfect machinery and total peace of mind knowing that your cement mixer will probably outlive you.
Pro’s and con’s
- Featuring the Belle brand name
- A standard quality Belle cement mixer
7: THE BELLE 150, PETROL, AND STAND
The most reliable petrol cement mixer
Here is the Belle Minimix 150 petrol cement mixer that offers you the chance to work anywhere even if there is no electric power supply. It might not be the cheapest petrol cement mixer but it is without a doubt one of the very best.
Being a Belle cement mixer, you get nothing but the very best.
This is the full set up. Mixer, stand and petrol power source powered by a Honda gxh 4Hp engine.
Here’s what you get:
- Belle Minimix 150 Cement Mixer and Stand Petrol GXH150
- A Portable and Compact machine making transportation easy
- Extra Thick Cement Mixer Drum
- Quick Mix Paddles
- Full Thermal Overload Protection
Pro’s and con’s
- Petrol concrete mixer variant of their brilliant cement mixers
- Expect to pay premium prices
- Ultra-reliable work horse
Wrapping up this cement mixer review:
When looking for any kind of mixer you need to remember to choose the best cement mixer for your needs. Do you want something that is designed for heavy use 8 hours a day 6 days a week, or something more for occasional use – projects around the home?
Remember, there are many cement mixers for sale…
All of these in our list are “great” cement mixers.
We have weeded out the poor performing cement mixers to leave this list of what is in our opinion the ones that are the most reliable, and good value for money.
However OVERALL…. stay with the “best of the best” top-rated one right at the top of this page will give you overall peace of mind that you have chosen wisely.
I hope my write up has helped – let me know below.
Any questions on the best cement mixers for sale?
(Oh.. have you seen my top 10 best wacker plates?)
Please comment below for our feedback!
Image Product Our Rating Buy Switzer cement mixer