What is it you want(aka NEED) when shooting for a great cement mixer?
Whether it’s for home use, DIY projects and so on, getting a good portable cement mixer that makes life easy and has a good enough drum capacity (and is reliable) for all your building projects is not always that easy. There are so many on offer so you should check out a few things first.
- Is price an issue or not?
- Are you more bothered about getting a lot of cement mixed up in one go or are you looking for a mixer with excellent reliability?
- Or do you prefer to stick with a known brand?
- Do you require a petrol driven one or an electrically powered one?
- What’s the construction site like? near to electric sources or in the middle of nowhere (so choosing electric or petrol versions is something to think about)
- How wide is the steel drum opening?
- What is the build quality like? Will it stand up to daily use?
- Does it have a drum wheel or lever?
- Is it easy to move around from site to site?
- Is it easy to start?
- Interms of site access, is a smaller mixer better or can you get any size mixer to the site?
Getting the right products for your work is something you should pay attention to as much as possible.
I’m going to break things down as much as I can for you and show you the best cement mixer.
Before I explain why the Switzer is the best overall, I would like to quickly show you 3 cement mixers you might want to take into consideration.
These 3 scored best on price, petrol, and electric.
Are you a tradesman?
The last thing you should ever think about is cutting corners and wind up getting a bad review all because the mixer you used wasn’t up to the job.
A few extra minutes right now reading our top-rated concrete mixer guide can help ensure you keep working week after week …
… and get that all-important “thumbs up” once the job is complete.
When you are undertaking building work and have to mix up a large amount of cement, a cement mixer will come in invaluable.
These machines let you pop in the required amounts of sharp sand, cement and water to create the concrete you need.
They are a great time saver and labour saver too.
If it comes down to a budget then you can find plenty of brand new cement mixers for sale for around the £100 to £120 mark, and the prices increase for higher-end machines such as a Belle cement mixer.
The Belle brand is renowned for being “the cream of the crop”, and rightly so when it comes to having “the best”.
However, you certainly don’t have to spend out £400 – £900+ on a Belle, although it would be a good investment.
Wrapping up this cement mixer review:
When looking for any kind of mixer you need to remember to choose the best cement mixer for your needs. Do you want something that is designed for heavy use 8 hours a day 6 days a week, or something more for occasional use – projects around the home? Really, what are you going to make?
Remember, there are many cement mixers for sale…
All of these in our list are “great” cement mixers. There are electric cement mixers and of course petrol versions too.
We have weeded out the poor performing cement mixers to leave this list of what is in our opinion the ones that are the most reliable, and good value for money.
However OVERALL…. stay with the “best of the best” top-rated one right at the top of this page will give you overall peace of mind that you have chosen wisely. Just be sure to consider the main mixer features you need:
- Drum capacity – the steel drum capacity should meet your needs but often bigger is better.
- Drum opening size – to allow for faster loading and pouring
- Drum speed – while you dont need a ferrari engine, it needs to be robust
- Do you need a petrol motor or is electric ok?
- The motor needs to be strong (horsepower) and reliable (watts of the motor).
I hope my write up has helped – let me know below. How did your building project fare after using one of these recommended cement mixers? Please let us know.
Any questions on the best cement mixers for sale?
(Oh.. have you seen my top 10 best wacker plates?)
Please comment below for our feedback! Your email address will not be published or shared. Hope you have enjoyed this cement mixer review!