Favored by hobbyists, technicians, assemblers, and DIYers alike, a precision screwdriver allows you to work on smaller screws with greater accuracy. It is always useful to have one of these sets at home, even if you aren’t likely to use them regularly.
The market offers many options in the category of precision screwdriver sets so choosing the best one can be difficult.
This is because amongst those that are worthy of your purchase you have some that are lacking in quality and durability.
We have done the hard work for you and browsed the market, selecting our top five picks of the best products.
Below, you will also find a buyer’s guide where we have highlighted our top tips for choosing the best quality product.
Top 5 Best Precision Screwdriver Sets
OUR TOP PICK
We have selected the Nanch Small Precision Screwdriver Kit as our top pick for you. As a 22 in 1 screwdriver set, you have all the tools that you need to tackle any repairs that have small screws in place.
As a 22 in 1 set, you receive a patented designed screwdriver with a built-in rod. This allows you to reach longer and the extension shaft provides you with a few extra inches when faced with those screws that are hard to get too.
This set contains 22 heads, this includes flat, Phillips, Torx, Hex, Pentalobe, and security Torx screwdrivers just to name a few. You are guaranteed to have all that you need within this set, regardless of the item that you are working with.
As magnetic screwdriver heads, they keep your fastening in place making them easier to secure and also reduce the risk of them getting lost once they are unscrewed.
This kit is made up of durable screwdrivers made from an Alloy S2 Steel material that has an anti-rust treatment as well as a hardness heated treatment finish. This is going to ensure that you are equipped with the best quality screwdrivers that are strong and long-lasting.
The handle incorporates an anti-slip area giving them an excellent feel in your hand allowing for comfort along with a firm grip.
- The telescopic rod and extension shaft make it much easier to access any difficult to reach screws.
- When you purchase this set you will receive a durable and lightweight case to store them in for easy portability.
- As a 22 in 1 repair kit, you are equipped with all of the screwdriver heads that you need.
- The alloy steel construction makes them heavy and durable.
- The ergonomic handle allows you to apply force when needed whilst remaining comfortable.
- Despite being advertised as magnetic screws, the magnetism can be a little inconsistent.
Next up we have the Efficere 9 piece precision screwdriver set. Included in this set are 9 mini screwdrivers. 3 Phillips, 3 slotted screwdrivers; 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 2.5mm, and finally 3 tox star T-5, T-6, and T-7 screwdrivers. It is fair to say that this set is fully equipped with the essentials.
Constructed with high strength chrome vanadium steel shafts, there is a reduced risk of wear outs and stripping which ultimately helps to preserve the life of the tools.
Whilst this is a very affordable set, quality is not ignored. Each of these screwdrivers are corrosion and rust-resistant courtesy of their chrome-plated finish, which makes them durable and much tougher against daily wear and tear.
Designed with magnetized tips, the process of securing the screws is made much easier. These tips hold the fasteners in place so that you can begin screwing with ease, whilst reducing the chance of them dropping and getting lost once they have been unscrewed.
Usefully, these screwdrivers feature swivel end caps allowing for constant finger pressure while driving, making them much easier to use. Another nice feature is the rubber handles which make them much easier to grip enabling you to achieve maximum turning power.
- This set retails at a very affordable price, an ideal choice for those on a budget.
- They can be used to repair many items including glasses, smartphones, laptops, PC tablets, Cameras, and watches.
- The magnetized tips make it easier to secure the fasteners and minimises the risk of losing them when they are unscrewed.
- Made from high strength chrome vanadium, these are excellent quality screwdrivers that are durable too.
- The rubber handle makes it much easier to get a tight grip on the screwdriver and turn to your maximum potential.
- These screwdrivers don’t come with a case to store them in.
The Apsung 110 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set is our next pick. This 110 in 1 professional, interchangeable manual tool comes with all of the necessary tools that you could possibly need to cover a wide range of jobs.
Within this kit, you will find slotted, Phillips, and Torx screw heads amongst many more. Each of these are magnetic and constructed using impact resistant tools steel as well as chrome vanadium steel. This allows them to hold the screws tightly in place for repairs, improving performance whilst ultimately saving you time.
The shafts of the screwdrivers are made from Chrome Vanadium with improved resistance to dust. They are much more capable of dealing with a heavier load and they are strong and durable too.
Included in this set is an additional extension rod which can expand to a length of up to 60mm. This makes it much easier to get to what may seem like completely inaccessible screws.
The handle of the screwdriver incorporates an anti-slip area which makes them much easier to work with, allowing you to get a tight grip to apply maximum force.
- As a multifunctional tool with 110 components, you have a screwdriver head available to suit every job.
- This set comes in a compact box to store them in, and it isn’t going to consume a lot of room either.
- As a 110 in 1 piece set, it retails for a very affordable price.
- As well as the magnetic handle and screw heads you also receive an array of additional accessories including tweezers, a phone pin, a magnetizer and much more.
- This set is suitable for several uses including phone, tablets, and laptop repairs, along with watches, glasses, X boxes, and many more.
- The magnetism of the screw heads isn’t always consistent which can result in the screws loosening easily.
- The handle can be a little hard to grip, making it impractical for tougher jobs.
For our next choice, we have selected the ORIA Precision Screwdriver kit. As a 60 in 1 set with 56 parts and an additional flexible shaft, this kit provides you with all that is required to meet your needs.
Each of the screwdriver parts are made from chrome vanadium for excellent quality and durability. When it comes to working on stereos or other large electronics where the screws aren’t visible on the surface, the flexible shaft is going to come in very handy.
Impressively this shaft can bend too. This enables you to reach those awkward areas with ease.
In terms of construction, the driver has been made using a single piece of aluminum which has then been coated with silica gel, allowing for a firm non slip grip. Featuring a ball bearing mounted swivel top, operation is made much easier.
The multi magnetic tips make it much easier to secure the fastenings in place whilst you tighten them, while also minimizing the possibility of them becoming lost easily. With a connector included, this enables you to connect the heads to a 6.35 electric screwdriver if needed.
- This is a very affordable screwdriver kit.
- With 56 parts you have plenty of screwdriver heads available to suit a range of tasks.
- The flexible shaft is a great addition, allowing you to reach any awkward areas with ease.
- The connector allows you to connect the heads to an electric screwdriver if needed.
- This precision screwdriver set comes in a case for easy storage and portability.
- The magnetism doesn’t always work effectively at keeping the parts and fastenings in place.
- The driver is prone to bending which may not be practical for those who need to tackle tougher jobs.
For our final choice, we have selected the Gocheer Mini Precision Screwdriver Set. As a 115 in 1 magnetic screwdriver set, it suits many uses from phone and laptop repairs to household appliance repairs and mini DIY handwork repairs.
Included in this set are Hexagon, Tork, and Phillips screw heads along with many others. The small screwdriver set is available in soft and hard extensions which are suitable for use when faced with narrow corners. The flexible shaft also makes light work of any inaccessible screws.
Constructed out of Chrome vanadium with a 55-60 HRC hardness, these are good quality screws with assured durability and longevity.
Designed with silicone nonslip handles, the driver itself is easy to grip so you can apply maximum pressure whilst ensuring that your hands are still comfortable.
- Containing a 115 in 1 screwdriver, this set is excellent value for money.
- The screwdrivers feature a luxurious design that is of excellent quality too.
- The professional storage box which is made from PP material is impact resistant which protects your tools from damage whilst making them easily portable.
- Constructed out of chrome vanadium these are durable screwdrivers that are likely to see you through many uses.
- This set includes anti-static tweezers which make it easy to work on all occasions.
- The parts are prone to rusting quite easily.
- Whilst this is an excellent choice for home use and electronic repairs it may not be suitable for tougher jobs.
Best Precision Screwdriver Sets Buying Guide
Below, we’ve outlined some criteria that should assist you when choosing the best precision screwdriver sets.
As the market for these tools is constantly expanding, narrowing it down to that of the best quality can be difficult, hence why we have created this buyer’s guide to make this task a little easier for you.
We have listed some factors that we would recommend you considering before making your purchase below.
The Contents of the Set
First of all, it is necessary to consider the contents of the set. Some will be broader than others, giving you greater capacity to tackle a range of tasks and repairs.
As you can see from the products that we have mentioned in our guide, some are more basic, while the contents of others are broader with a greater variety of screwdriver heads.
If this set is something that you are likely to get regular use out of then it may be worth investing in one that offers you a wide range of screwdrivers so you have the tools to hand to suit a variety of repair jobs.
Quality and Durability
The quality of your screwdrivers is ultimately going to influence their durability. A cheap, poorly constructed set is likely to deteriorate in quality much quicker than those that have been constructed from higher quality materials and parts.
How they have been designed can also be a direct link to their quality and durability as those that are sturdily designed are likely to last much longer.
The Features of the Screwdriver
Screwdriver sets are likely to differ between brands. Not only does this apply to differences in their quality, but also their design and their feel.
It is also necessary to consider the type of screwdriver as you will commonly find some that are electric, or include screwdriver heads that are compatible with electric screwdrivers whilst others are intended for manual use.
Although electronic precision screwdrivers are available, you will typically find manual products to be the most common option.
When it comes to the cost of the tool, whilst it is important to have a budget in mind, it is also necessary to be aware that a lower cost can sometimes compromise quality.
In the case of some screwdrivers that are constructed out of low quality materials, they are less likely to last as long as those using higher quality materials.
However, this is needless to say that there are some good quality sets available at very affordable prices and we have included some examples in our guide above.
Aside from your initial impressions in regards to the appearance of the tool, it is also necessary to consider the ergonomics of the handle.
Handles that have a rubber or soft material coating are going to be much easier to hold with a firm and sturdy grip, whilst remaining comfortable too.
This is particularly beneficial if you are likely to be using the screwdriver for a lengthy period, as you will still be able to work effectively without compromising your comfort whilst doing so.
The majority of screwdrivers claim to have magnetic screwdriver heads and this makes it easier to secure your fastenings in place before you begin to tighten them.
A good magnetic screwdriver head is also going to reduce the risk of your fastenings getting lost when you loosen them by holding them in the slot in the screwdriver. You may find some to have more consistent magnetic elements than others.
When referring to the right capacity this generally means the power and torque performance of the screwdrivers. Each of these is going to determine the strength and the tightness of your screw.
Screwdrivers with different speeds will provide you with greater control, allowing you to work with different surfaces too. Some will even feature a reverse function so you can retrieve the screw if needed.
Best Precision Screwdriver Sets FAQ's
How do you use a precision screwdriver set?
Using a precision screwdriver is relatively simple. Generally speaking, you press down on the tip whilst screwing in and out.
This method allows you to secure the screws in the slots of the screwdriver head whilst using more force to turn the screwdriver.
Some screwdrivers will come with ball bearing mounted swivel tops which make operation much simpler.
What can precision screwdrivers be used for?
Precision screwdrivers are used for very small devices and intricate repairs, where extremely small screws are required.
For example, small toys, watches, or phones. They tend to be useful for jobs where larger screwdrivers are unlikely to fit or work effectively.
What is included in a precision screwdriver set?
Within a precision screwdriver set, you should expect to find a variety of screw heads. This typically includes the most common choices of Phillips, Torx, and Hexagon screwdriver heads along with many more.
Whilst some sets will include individual screwdrivers, others will be multifunctional tools, with one screwdriver and a variety of heads that can then be attached to it. We have also included some examples with additional accessories.