These KEEN Utility men’s Portland puncture resistant 6 Inch Aluminum toe work boots are a firm favourite in the USA. In the Uk they are slightly less well known, but those who do try them out leave raving reviews and cannot get enough of them. Enjoy features such as a puncture resistant midsole and their KEEN.DRY waterproof (and breathable) membrane to keep your feet snuggly and warm and dry no matter what the work.
At the end of the day, boots are boots aren’t they. Once I’ve bought boots I then forget about them and just get on with work. Like most people this is pretty much the same. It’s good to know that with these boots you are getting a LOT of boot for the money.
- You are getting REALLY comfortable work boots.
- You are getting left and right ASYMMETRICAL Aluminium toe caps (for comfort!)
- You are getting work boots that are lightweight (so go ahead and wear them all day with less fatigue at the end of your shift)
- You are getting the KEEN.DRY protection that actively keeps your feet dry and helps them to breathe, so sweating is less likely to be so bad
- These are a 2E wider fitting (or EE) which means they allow extra foot width. Perfect for wider feet.
- The sole is both oil resistant and slip resistant. This is an obvious one but you soon learn to appreciate this when you are working on slippery surfaces!
- This is the 6 inch height model. They do an 8 inch high model in the USA which may afford slightly better protection depending on the kind of work you are doing. Still you are getting an exceptional quality boot. You just won’t be protected quite so much from deeper water trying to get in down the tongue.
What is KEEN.DRY?
Think walking through a muddy swamp while it is raining heavy. Think about working hard outdoors in bad weather. Think about hiking or running in the middle of Winter. All of these situations require a work shoe that is exceptionally good.
Enter KEEN.DRY technology.
Part magic, part microscopic wonder. The technology that lets perspiration get out while stoppiong water from getting in. truly magic indeed!
Having wet feet is no fun whatsoever. In fact it can lead to all sorts of problems with your feet which will at best make you feel uncomfortable, and at worse send you for a visit to the doctors! I actually wrote a guide about wet feet you might find interesting.
So, the KEEN.DRY technology is in essence an extra internal “bootie” on the inside. Water simply can’t get in through it but perspiration can get out.
To ensure waterproofing is maintained from the outside, they use a PFC free water repellant. PFC is not good for the environemnt, and so by choosing Keen work boots you are doing your bet to help minimise environmental impact.
KEEN Utility Men’s Portland Puncture Resistant 6 Inch Aluminum Toe Work Boot Review:
Work boots that are designed to work wherever you work. These boots will stand with you upright and strong no matter what you encounter. Yoou will enjoy tough hard working light weight boots that give reassuring foot protection and toe crush and impact protection.
As said before, once you have bought boots you tend to forget about them, so it’s important that you choose wisely during your buying process. Sure you can find low cost £30 work boots with steel toes at many DIY or Workwear outlets but what is the point in that if you need to keep replacing them every couple of months?
The puncture resistant midsole will give you that “phew” moment when you accidentally step on sharop metal, glass or even a nail in the wrong place.
The wider fitting makes life much more comfortable, especially if you wear thick socks, or naturally have wider feet. The asymmetrical toe cap space gives you much more space to wiggle your toes – and this is one thing you will wonder how you ever lived without!
If you are going to buy these KEEN Utility men’s Portland puncture resistant 6 Inch Aluminum toe work boots on Amazon Uk go ahead and click to order in confidence. Keen work boots have a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase (so keep your sales receipt) that covers any manufacturing defects. So go ahead and test them to the limits.
When buying these boots you get all the good things in a good package. For a start there is the Keen brand (founded in 2003 (Wikipedia info)). IT get’s consistently great reviews. Then there is the breathable waterproof technology, and superior comfort.
All in all you are getting a really good hard working work boot. Light in weight, tough in stance and doesn’t like to give up. perfect for any outdoor work such as construction sites where things can get very wet or muddy. They are also so good looking that they won’t look out of place on a weekend hiking trip. Designed and built in the USA where tough stands up strong with expectations.