Philips HD9220 Air Fryer Review – Black Or White
An Air Fryer is the next logical healthy step offering you the ability to cook using up to 80% less fat than a traditional deep fat fryer while still managing to deliver crisp tasty food that tastes absolutely delicious. This Philips HD9220 Air Fryer review cuts the fat out of the buying process and delivers just the facts you need.
Air fryers also cook in far less time than a traditional oven. You are in a “win win situation”.
Phillips airfryer 9220:
So why are we writing about this particular air fryer?
- Well for a start it is made by the trusted brand Philips. One of the most popular air fryer brands following closely brands such as Tefal (actifry), Breville and a few others.
- It’s one of the most popular Air Fryers with several thousand verified real people who have taken the time to express their thoughts about it at various places online such as Amazon.
Whats with all the model numbers?
The two models of airfryers which Philips do for the “HD9220” are different colour variations of the same product.
- The Philips Viva Collection Airfryer HD9220/40 is a white unit with lavender details.
- The Philips Viva Collection Airfryer HD9220/20 is a black unit with silver details.
Both can hold up to 0.8 kg of food, use our Rapid Air technology and are provided with analog time and temperature controls.
How many people can this air fryer feed in one go?
- Around 3 to 4 portions of chips depending on portion size.
- Or possibly 2 portions of chips and 2 pieces of chicken.
- 3 Salmon fillets with ease
- Half a dozen sausages
What can you cook in the HD9220?
Ranging from chips and chicken through to fish, desserts, cakes and so much more.
We even made our very own air fryer oreo cookies with an Orange infusion, and made a video. Check it out here.
Fry, bake, grill or roast – the options are almost unlimited!
Is an Air Fryer really healthier?
- Yes absolutely! 23% (verified) fewer calories than using a traditional deep fat fryer.
- Think about it. You don’t have to use any oil if you don’t want to as it still cooks delicious food. If you are cooking without oil or even a small amount of oil then the food doesn’t soak up any of the oil making it healthier.
- There is also a drip tray that catches any oils or fats that oooze out during cooking too.
How big is the Philips airfryer HD9220 ?
Dimensions of product (LxWxH) – 287 x 315 x 384 mm
So if you equate this to “roughly” the size of a school ruler, or size 8 or 9 adult shoes, or even similar in size to your old deep fat fryer you wouldn’t be too far off the mark (very roughly speaking). So it will happily sit on your kitchen worktop, and the two colour options means you can choose the most appropriate one.
Philips HD9220 air fryer price ?
Prices vary all the time. At one time you could have spent close to £200 on one of these air fryers, but nowadays the prices are closer to half that and can fluctuate on a regular basis. It is possible to get good quality second hand units for under £100 which isn’t too bad for new technology cooking.
Philips Air Fryer Accessories For The HD9220:
What features does the Philips 9220 air fryer have?
Automatic shut-off – no more burning of food if you forget you’ve “left the oven on” for example. Once the timer has run out the machine stops cooking!
Cord storage – helping to keep things neat and tidy and avoid the inevitable spaghetti junction of cables.
Non-slip feet – for a safer cooking experience
Patented Rapid Air – Philips designed Rapid Air technology
Recipe book and app
Cool wall exterior
What is Rapid Air Technology?
This video explains what the Philips rapid air technology is:
Does Philips Air Fryer Work?
Yes, and extremely well. The tehcnology has now been out a good few years and the demand for air fryers is increasing year on year as more and more people see the health benefits.
Philips pioneered rapid air technology and also have a long line of history behind them, so rest assured their air fryers will stand the test of time. There is a 2 year warranty included anyway for your peace of mind.
Philips HD9220 Review Summary
Philips are well known for technology leading products. They also make very robust machines. The HD9220 is a solid perfomer that cookes all manner of foods in rapid time and without the fuss of using oil. Health conscious people will be only too aware how much these can improve your overall health.
Overall this Philips HD9220 air fryer review has been created to help you decide if it is the right one or not for you. Remember you can look at our top 10 best air fryers comparision if needs be.
Please comment below!